Everybody has a bad day every once in a while. Especially when it's getting colder. This baked camembert won't bring back summer heat and late sunsets.
But it will make you feel better anyway.
Recipe: Baked camembert with figsServes: 2 (or one if someone really craves cheese)
- one wheel of camembert cheese
- one tsp. of olive oil
- one tsp. of fresh rosemary
- one tsp. of runny honey
- a pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- one fig
- Thinly slice off some of the top rind and score both side of the camembert with a sharp knife
- Spread a thin layer of olive oil whisked with rosemary and honey on top and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 180C for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cheese from the oven and top with thick slices of fig. Bake for another 5 minutes, until the camembert is runny inside.
- Remove from the oven, top with freshly ground pepper and some more honey if you like it sweeter.
- Serve immediately with crunchy baguette.