The recipe might seem boring, as it only includes a couple of ingredients. Two ingredients in fact - young beet greens and feta cheese. The pizza dough is topped with beet and feta paste, baked with beet greens and sprinkled with fresh feta. One-track-minded, but delicious.
Recipe: Young beet greens pizzaServes: 3
- young beet greens
- freshly ground black pepper
- Work the dough again for a couple of minutes. Roll out the dough, form two small pizzas and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cover with cloth and set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Top pizzas with beet and feta paste and fresh beet greens. Bake at 220C for 10-12 minutes.
- Before serving, top with crumbled feta and freshly ground black pepper.
Recipe: Beet and feta paste
- a bunch of young beet greens, including young beetroots
- 200 g of feta cheese
- Chop beet greens and beetroots.
- Cook in salted water until they have softened.
- Blend cooled beets with feta.
Recipe: Pizza dough
- 350 g of flour
- 2 tsp. of dried yeast
- a cup of warm water
- 2 tsp. of olive oil
- one tsp. of salt
- Sift flour into a large bowl, add salt and yeast. Gradually add warm water and combine the ingredients with a spoon. Add olive oil and start mixing by hand. Work the dough vigorously on a pastry board for about 8-10 minutes. Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with cloth. Set aside in a warm place for about an hour.