Recipe: Croatian brudet
- 4 shallots, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 500 g of tomato passata
- one cup of dry white wine
- 5-6 potatoes, diced
- 500 g of fresh mussels
- 500 g of large prawns
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp. of freshly chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- one tsp. of brown sugar
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot.
- Add shallots and saute them.
- Add garlic and potatoes and cook them for a few minutes.
- Add passata and bay leaves, cook over low heat for about 20 minut, until potatoes soften and the sauce thickens.
- Season with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour in the wine, add mussels and shrimp.
- Cook undercovered for 5-7 minut, until the mussels have opened.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.