A steamy pot of mussels or clams is a rather effective, yet extremely simple and easy dish. It takes so little time to prepare it that it almost seems unfair. Anyway, if you're looking for a spectacular main for a date, a family dinner or a larger party, go for shellfish. They're great with white wine, but beer and cider make delicious alternatives.
Recipe: Clams steamed with ciderServes: 2
- 1 kg of clams, cleaned
- 2 shallots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- one tbsp. of butter
- 300 ml of dry cider
- 2 tbsp. of freshly chopped parsley
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add garlic and shallots and cook until tender.
- Add clams and wine, increase the heat and cover the pot.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, until shells has opened.
- Top with fresh parsley. Serve with fresh baguette and a glass of chilled cider.