Duck eggs have been my favourite breakfast item for a while now. Personally, I don't think there's much difference in taste between chicken and duck eggs, although the latter are supposed to be more intense. I like them for two reasons. Firstly, they're larger, whiter and simply prettier. Secondly, a larger egg means a larger yolk. And I really love yolk!
Recipe: Duck egg and chorizo in tomato sauceServes: 2
- 2 duck eggs
- one tbsp. of butter
- one small onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- one red bell pepper, sliced
- 50g of Spanish chorizo, sliced
- one tsp of sugar
- a handful of fresh cilantro
- Melt butter in a skillet, add onions and saute them.
- Add chorizo and red bell pepper, cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and sugar, simmer until the sauce begins to thicken.
- In the meantime, fry the eggs in a separate pan.
- Place eggs on top of the tomato sauce and sprinkle with cilantro leaves.