Recipe: Cilantro pesto
- a bunch of fresh cilantro
- juice of 1/2 lime
- one small garlic clove
- 2 tbsp. of roasted sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp. of grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 2 slices of rustic bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut a hole into the center of each bread slice. Place bread on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread some butter on top of each slice. Carefully crack an egg into each hole.
- Bake at 180C for about 6 minutes - until egg whites are set and the yolks still runny.
- In the meantime, combine all the pesto ingredients in a food processor.
- Sprinkle the toasts with freshly ground pepper. Serve with cilantro pesto.