Light salad with rosemary-roasted figs, watercress and feta. Simple, easy and delicious. Perfect with a glass of dry white wine for autumn dinner.
I hope for many sunny, relatively warm days before winter. Maybe this fall wan't be all warming soups and mulled wine. Just maybe.
Recipe: Roasted fig saladServes: 2
- 5-6 ripe figs
- 2 cups watercress
- 100 g feta cheese
- one tsp brown sugar
- a handful of rosemary springs
- 2 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Cut the figs into quarters and place them in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and chopped rosemary.
- Roast for about 30 minutes.
- Divide the watercress between two plates and top with slightly cooled figs.
- Top with crumbled feta and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.