- 1 cup of flour
- 125 g of butter
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tbsp. of white wine vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- Combine flour and salt in a large ball. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives - the mixture should resemble coarse crumbs.
- Add whisked egg and vinegar. Form dough, shape into ball, wrap in cling film. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Roll the dough into a circle and set it on a pie plate. Bake the crust (with baking beans) for about 25 minutes at 180C. Set aside and let cool.
Recipe: Creme patissiere:
- 5 egg yolks
- a cup of fine sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp. of corn starch
- one vanilla pod
- Using electric mixer, combine yolks and sugar until light and fluffy. And corn starch and combine.
- Heat the milk with a vanilla pod. As soon as it starts to boil, pour the milk onto the egg mixture, whisking continuously
- Transfer to a skillet and cook over low heat until the cream thickens. Set aside and let cool.
Recipe: Summer fruit tart
- Place the cream over the crust. Top with seasonal fruit: red and black currants, gooseberries and blueberries.