As easy as (apple) pie, but with far less sugar.
Recipe: Baked hasselback applesServes: 4
- 500 g apples
- 3 tbsp. honey or maple syrop
- 1 tbsp. melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves + a few extra sprigs
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- a handful of walnuts, chopped + a few whole ones
- 1 tbsp. butter or coconut oil, to grease the baking dish
- 2-3 tbsp. Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease a baking dish with butter or coconut oil.
- Wash and halve the apples.
- Remove the core.
- Using a sharp knife, make small vertical slits, 2-3mm apart, three quarters of the way down each apple, all the way along.
- Place the apples in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk honey/maple syrup with melted butter/coconut oil, thyme leaves, cinnamon and chopped walnuts.
- Pour the sauce over the apples and top with remaining thyme sprigs and whole walnuts
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve warm, with dollops of Greek yoghurt.