They are not from Jerusalem, nor are they artichokes. Calling them sunroots or sunchokes seems more reasonable, as Jerusalem artichoke is a species of sunflower. Anyway, they are delicious and they make great chips.
Recipe: Jerusalem artichoke chips
- 300 g of Jerusalem artichokes
- 1 tsp. of coarse sea salt
- 2 tsp. of dried thyme
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- Wash and dry the sunchokes, thinly slice them.
- Whisk olive oil with sea salt and thyme.
- Brush chips with olive oil and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast at 180C for about 15 minutes, flipping chips halfway through baking.