December is a perfect month to enjoy all kinds of hot, delicious, warming drinks. Mulled wine is a winter classic! Usually prepared with red wine, it tastes equally great with white chardonnay or riesling. With an addition of cinnamon, rosemary and oranges, it tastes like winter. Have fun warming up!
Recipe: Mulled white wineServes: 2
- 500 ml dry white wine
- 2 oranges
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- a few branches of rosemary
- one tbsp brown sugar
- Slice one orange and squeeze the other one..
- Place cinnamon sticks, rosemary and orange slices in a pot.
- Add sugar and white wine.
- Bring to simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add wine and reduce the heat to low. Heat the wine, but do not bring to boil.
- Serve immediately.