- 1 kg of fresh mussels
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- small chili pepper
- 2 cups of white wine
- 3 tbsp. of fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- juice of one lime
- Start with cleaning and debearding the mussels.
- Discards the ones that are open or the ones with cracked shells.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan, saute diced shallots, minced garlic and chopped chili.
- Add mussels and wine, season with salt and pepper.
- Turn up the heat and cook undercovered until mussels have opened (shake the saucepan a couple of times while cooking).
- Top with cilantro and drizzle with lime juice.
- Serve with fresh baguette.