My boyfriend, let's call him Jacek (because that's his name) gets breakfast at work and therefore totally ignores my offers to eat the morning meal together. He then sends me pictures of waffles, pancakes and/or avocado baked with eggs and chorizo, thinking that it makes me green with envy. Well, I'm only slightly jealous. I prepare oats in the evening and soak them overnight in the fridge. They're ready to eat in the morning, so I feel as if I had a breakfast catering myslef.
Recipe: Autumnal Overnight OatsServes: 1 (not sad at all!)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp oat bran
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp date syrup
- a handful grapes, to serve
- coconut flakes, to serve
- Mix all the ingredients, apart from grapes and coconut flakes.
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate overnight.
- Voila! Serve with grapes and coconut flakes.