I am well aware of the fact that you probably all know how to make pancakes. But please try to understand me: a food blog without a pancakes recipe sounds like a pathetic failure.
Just try to see this post as an encouragement to make someone very happy with a delicious pancakes breakfast this weekend. Personally, I don't recall a single soul who wouldn't jump for joy at the sight of a generous portion of fluffy pancakes with maple syrup.
Recipe: PancakesMakes about 10 pancakes
- one cup of flour
- 2 tbsp. of confectioner's sugar
- one tsp. of baking powder
- one tsp. of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- one large egg, whisked
- one cup of buttemilk
- 3 tbsp. of melted and cooled butter
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- In a large bowl, combine whisked eggs, buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture and whisk together (the mixture doesn't have to be perfectly smooth).
- Cook pancakes on an oiled, hot skillet over medium heat. Cook until golden, 1-2 minutes each side.
- Serve with maple syrup or butter, fresh fruit and a cup of freshly brewed coffee.