Recipe: Pumpkin pie with cranberry sauce
- 1 cup of flour
- 125 g of butter
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tbsp. of white wine vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- Combine flour and salt in a large ball. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives - the mixture should resemble coarse crumbs.
- Add whisked egg and vinegar. Form dough, shape into ball, wrap in cling film. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
Recipe: Pumpkin filling
- 1 cup of homemade pumpkin puree
- 3/4 can of sweet condensed milk
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp. of ground cardamom
- 1 tsp. of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- Mix spices in a large bowl. Add whisked eggs, stir in pumpkin puree and condensed milk.
- Whisk all together until well incorporated.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a circle. Place on to a pie plate.
- Pour the filling into pie shell and bake at 180C for about 40 minutes (until the filling is set).
Recipe: Cranberry sauce
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of water
- Place the cranberries and sugar in a skillet and simmer over moderate heat for about 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add water and cook for another 5-10 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Cool before serving.