They are incredibly quick to make (especially when you use ready-made puff pastry), they are delicious and, most importantly, they are beautifully pink.
Recipe: Rhubarb pastries8 pastries
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (300 g), brought to room temperature
- 3-4 rhubarb stalks
- łyżka brown sugar
- 2 łyżki lemon juice
Recipe: Rhubarb sauce
- 1/3 cup homemade rhubarb syrup (recipe)
- Unroll the pastry sheets and lay one on a lined baking sheet
- Cut 8 rectangles (10 x 5 cm).
- Cut rhubarb stalks into roughly even lengths - about 8 cm. Place in a pot, top with boiling water, cover and set aside for 4 minutes. Drain.
- Place two rhubarb strips on each piece of the pastry. Sprinkle with sugar and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Bake at 220C for about 20 minutes, until the pastries are golden and crisp.
- To make the sauce, reduce the syrop over low heat for about 10 minutes, until it thickens.
- Top pastries with sauce, serve with whipped cream.