I have deep respect for eggplants. Can you think of any other edible item in such a deep shade of purple?
If there's anything better than eggplant, it's baby eggplant. But I'm a fan of miniature versions of pretty much everything. Baby eggplants make a perfect starter - all you have to do is roast them, maybe adding a bit of spicy green paste.
Recipe: Roasted Baby EggplantsServes: 2
- 5 baby eggplants
- one tbsp. of olive oil
- Score the bottoms of each eggplant with an “X”, about 2/3 through.
- Stuff eggplants with green paste and place them on an oiled baking sheet.
- Roast at 180C until the eggplants have softened (about 25 minutes).
Recipe: Green paste
- one garlic clove
- one tsp. of grated ginger
- 1/2 green chili pepper
- 2 tbsp. of chpped cilantro
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp. of soy sauce
- Blend all the paste ingredients together.