There are few things I enjoy more than the taste of the first spring tomatoes. After months of blunt taste, they're a refreshing change. At this time of the year all tomatoes are delicious, but the raspberry ones are especially delectable. Once you've satisfied the tomato hunger, try using them for cooking. Raspberry tomato ketchup is truly amazing and so is this soup.
Recipe: Cream of roasted raspberry tomato soupServes: 2
- 1 kg of raspberry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp. of brown sugar
- one tsp. of sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 300 ml of vegetable stock
- a handful of fresh cilantro
- Cut tomatoes in half and place them in an oiled baking dish.
- Top with garlic slices, sugar, salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast at 180C for about an hour.
- Remove the skins and blend tomatoes with stock. Check the seasoning.
- Serve warm, with fresh cilantro and croutons.