Super quick and super easy recipe for an Asian-style lunch. Few ingredients, little work and a very satisfying meal. Tenderstem broccoli go great with soba noodles and spicy dressing with soy sauce, tamarind paste and lime juice. You have to try it!
Recipe: Broccoli and soba noodle saladServes: 2
- 200 g soba noodles
- 250 g tenderstem broccoli
- a handful coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped red chilli pepper
- one tsp black sesame seeds
- Cook the noodles according to the package's instructions.
- Blanch the broccoli in a boiling water for 3 minutes. Submerge in a bowl of ice water for one minute.
- Place noodles and broccoli in a targe bowl.
- Combine with coriander leaves, chopped chilli and soy-tamarind dressing.
- Divide between two plates and top with black sesame before serving.
Recipe: Soy-tamarind dressing
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- one tsp grated ginger
- juice of 1/2 lime
- one red chilli pepper, sliced
- Whisk all the ingredients together.
- Set aside for at least 15 minutes, to let the flavours combine.