They say that one sallow doesn't make a spring. For me the first bunch of spring asparagus is enough of a proof.
Recipe: Spring asparagus salad
- one bunch of green asparagus (if necessary, discard the bottom fourth)
- a few potatoes
- 2 eggs
- one tbsp. of finely diced red onion
- one tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- one tbsp. of sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook potatoes and cut them in halves or quarters.
- Boil eggs for 3-4 minutes. Let cool in cold water, peel them and cut in halves.
- Cook asparagus for 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk olive oil with diced onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place asparagus, potatoes and eggs on a plate, top with red onion dressing.