The perfect dessert: quick, pretty and delicious. Ideal for garden parties and rooftop dinners. Meringues and summer berries are a match made in heaven - in terms of looks as well as taste. Trust me and invite your friends for this delectable meringe pots.
Recipe: Summer berries meringuesServes: 4
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- tsp cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Combine berries with sugar and cardamom.
- Place them in four ramekins.
- 2 egg whites
- 100 g sugar
- tsp corn starch
- tsp white wine vinegar
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Beating, gradually add sugar.
- Add vinegar and potato starch and continue beating for 2-3 minures.
- Pile the meringue on top of the fruit and swirl on top.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the meringue is puffy and golden.
- Serve with fruit.