Cheesecake is proud to be placed last in my cake ranking, slightly losing to the poppy seed roll. Then there are cakes that I actually enjoy: apple pie, banoffee, carrot cake, raspberry tart, chocolate cake and, the reigning champion, meringue cake, preferably with pistachio cream filling.
This cake belongs the tremendous group of cheesecakes that don't taste like cheesecake. As one can easily assume, it tastes like halva.
- 200 g of butter biscuits
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Finely crush the biscuits using a food processor, transfer into a bowl.
- Melt the butter and combine with crushed biscuits. Place in a buttered springform pan.
- 1 kg of quark cheese (or other fresh cheese)
- 400 g of halva
- 125 ml of heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- Place crushed halva and heavy cream in a skillet. Do rondelka z grubym dnem włóżcie pokruszoną chałwę i kremówkę.
- Cook over low heat until halva has dissolved completely. Set aside and let cool.
- Process the cheese in a food processor. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing them with electric mixer. Add the halva mixture and combine.
Recipe: Halva cheesecake
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Bake at 160C for about an hour. Open the door of the oven and let the cheesecake cool.
- Top with crushed halva. Refrigerate the cake overnight.