Warming hot lemonade, perfect for cold evenings and rainy afternoons. And let's face it - ther's no avoiding those. Luckily we have the lemonade. Great on its own or, to make it even more warming, with a drop of rhum.
Recipe: Hot lemonadeServes:
- 1 orange
- 2 tangerines
- 2 lemons
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 7-8 cardamom pods
- 400 ml water
- Optional: 40 ml rhum
- Slice half of an orange and squeeze juice from the other half.
- Slice one lemon and one tangerine and squeeze juice from remaining two.
- Place citrus slices and juice in a pot with spices and water.
- Bring to boil and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add rhum, if using.
- Transfer to two mugs and serve hot.