It seems to be the first Christmas post in the history of this blog! I guess it's fair to say that I'm not crazy about Christmas. However, this year I felt a strange need to make edible Christmas tree decorations. The cookies are simple, easy and fun to make. And even the biggest Grinch would admit that they're adorable.
Recipe: Christmas cookiesMakes about 15 cookies
- 75 g butter
- 150 g flour
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- Sieve the flour and combine with sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine with butter.
- Add an egg and mix to a firm dough.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut cookies (I used a star-shaped cookie cutter).
- If you want to hang your cookies on a Christmas tree, make a small hole in a top of each one.
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 180C for 10-12 minutes and let cool.
Recipe: Orange icing
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Extra: a few branches of rosemary
- Whisk sugar and orange juice to make thick icing.
- Using a bruch, cover each cookie with icing and top with some fresh rosemary.
- When the icing is set, thread ribbon or cord through the holes and hang on your tree.