Perhaps not the most creative recipe ever, but everyone enjoys a good burger every once in a while.
- 1 1/2 cup of cooked red lentils
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- one egg
- one tsp. of ground cumin
- one tsp. of tumeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. of chili flakes
- Combine all the ingredients on a bowl. Form two pattied.
- Bake at 180C for about 10 minutes, flipping the patties halfway through the baking time.
Recipe: Sweet potato fries
- one large sweet potato
- one tbsp. of olive oil
- one tsp. of smoked paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp. of course sea salt
- Cut the potato into fry-shaped pieces. Toss them into a bowl and combine with olive oil, smoked paprika and salt.
- Arrange the fries in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 180C for about 30 minutes, flipping fries halfway through baking time.
Recipe: Red lentil burgers
- 2 buns
- 3 tbsp. of bryndza or other soft sheep's milk cheese
- a few slices of grilled eggplant
- a few slices of tomato
- a few slices of red onion
- a handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- Assemble the burgers: spread bryndza on the buns, top with grilled eggplant, lentil patties, cilantro leaves, tomato and onion.