For me, the asparagus season is one of the most most beautiful, but also the most stressful times of the year. Between mid-April and the end of June, when asparagus is in season in Poland, a day without at least one asparagus meal is a day wasted.
I'm not sure if I would admire asparagus as ardently if it was easily available all year round.
I appreciate its subtle taste and delightful firmness, but it is the fact that it is here today and gone tomorrow that makes me madly in love.
Recipe: Roasted asparagus with Hollandaise sauceServes: 2
- Put roasted asparagus on plates and top with sauce..
Recipe: Roasted asparagus
- a bunch of green asparagus
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- a few thin lemon slices
- one tsp. of olive oil
- Break off the tough ends of asparagus.
- Place them in an oiled baking dish, drizzle with lemon juice, top with lemon slices.
- Roast at 180 C for about 15 minutes.
Recipe: Hollandaise sauce
- 4 egg yolks
- 100 g of butter
- juice of one lemon
- a pinch of salt and white pepper
- Beat the yolks with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a skillet and gradually add to beaten yolks, mixing continuously.