My version of custard is thick and sweet. The texture of chilled dessert resembles creme brulee. Baked with a a handful of summer berries, it's a perfect treat for the end of summer. I went for a mixture of raspberries, blueberries and blackberries to break the sweetness of the cream.
Recipe: Baked custard with summer berriesServes: 2
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp sugar
- a handful summer berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- Heat cream and sugar in a small saucepan until almost boiling. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs with sugar until thick and pale, but not fluffy.
- Gradually whisk cream into egg mixture. Again, try not to incorporate too much air into the mixture. It should be smooth and glossy
- Divide the batter between two shallow baking dishes.
- Bake at 100C for 20 minutes.
- Top with berries and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool and refrigerate for at least and hour before serving. You can also enjoy the dessert hot or warm.