Perfect tacos: crispy, aromatic, colourful and vegan. Great for small or larger gatherings. All you have to do is prepare the toppings and ask your guests to compose their ideal snacks. I chose roasted sweet potatoes, black beans and corn, creamy cashew paste, pomegranate seeds, fresh chillies, aromatic coriander and lime juice. You can add your favourite fruit, vegetables and herbs.
Recipe: Vegan tacosServes: 4
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- a bunch coriander
- one corn on a cob
- one cup cooked black beans
- rosted sweet potatoes (recipe below)
- cashew paste (recipe below)
- 2 green chilli peppers
- 1 small pomegranate
- 1 lime
- Roast the corn at 180C for about 30 minutes, until tender.
- Kut off the kernels and combine with cooked beans.
- Deseed the pomegranate, slice the chillies and cut the lime into quarters.
- Heat the tortillas in the oven or on a pan and cover to keep them warm.
- Serve all the ingredients together and let everyone compose their own tacos: roasted sweet potatoes with pomegranate and fresh coriander or corn and beans with cashew paste and fresh chillies. Or everything altogether :)
Recipe: Roasted sweet potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 red onion
- one tbsp olive oil
- one tsp smoked paprika powder
- one tsp sweet paprika powder
- a pinch of salt
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Cut the onion into eitghts.
- Mix diced potatoes with onion, olive and spices.
- Transfer into a baking dish and roast at 180C for about 30 minutes.
Recipe: Cashew paste
- 100 g cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1 lime (peel and juice)
- a pinch of salt
- Blend soaked chashews with milk, to make a smooth paste.
- Add lime juice and peel, combine. Season with salt
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.