Who said that shakshuka can't be yellow?
Recipe: Yellow tomatoes shakshukaServes: 2 hungry people
- 350 g of yellow and orange tomatoes, cut in halves
- yellow bell pepper, cut in stripes
- 3 eggs
- one small onion
- one garlic clove
- one tbsp. of butter
- 3 tbsp. of freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tsbp. of soft goat cheese
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. of chili flakes
- a pinch of salt
- Melt butter in a skillet, add minced garlic and finely chopped onion.
- Add cumin and chili flakes and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add pepper. After one minute, add tomatoes. Season with salt and simmer over low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Crack the eggs into the sauce. Cover the skillet and allow to simmer until the whites are cooked and the yolks are still runny.
- Before serving, top with goat cheese and fresh cilantro.