Recipe: Pumpkin-orange soup with prawns
- 700 g of pumpkin
- one garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, coarsely diced
- 2 tsp. of freshly grated ginger
- 500 ml of homemade vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 400 g of peeled prawns
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- Cut pumpkin into large chunks, place them in an oiled baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast at 200C for 30-40 minutes. Let cool and remove the skins.
- Heat one tbsp. of olive oil in a large pot, saute garlic and shallots, add ginger and fry for a moment. Add pumpkin, pour in the stock and bring to boil.
- Add orange juice and blend the soup.
- Melt butter in a skillet, add prawns and cook them for 1-2 minutes each side. Serve them with soup.