Recipe: Stuffed eggplant
- one eggplant
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 shallots
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. of feta cheese
- 2 tbsp. of coarsly chopped parsley
- Cut the eggplant in half lenghtwise. Then cut the center diagonally to form a crisscross pattern in the flesh. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in a baking dish and roast at 180C for about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool. Scoop out the flesh and chop it.
- Scald tomatoes and remove the skin, dice them.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet, add minced garlic and diced shallots, saute them. Add chopped eggplant and diced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, add wine and cook for about 10 minutes, until the wine has evaporated.
- Stuff the eggplant skins with eggplant-tomato sauce, top with crumbled feta. Bake at 180C for about 10 minutes.
- Before serving, top with fresh parsley.