This asparagus and broad beans salad is extremely easy, takes very little time to prepare, but still is a truly satisfying Spring meal. It’s green, crispy and delicious. Makes a great quick lunch or a perfect addition to your picnic basket.
Recipe: Asparagus and broad beans saladServes: 2
- a bunch green asparagus
- 1/2 cup broad beans, shelled and cooked, skins removed
Recipe: Lemon dressing with chili flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- Cut off the asparagus tips, cook them in boiling water with one tbsp of sugar for 3 minutes.
- Using a vegetable peeler, hinly slice the asparagus lengthwise into strips. Cook them for 30 seconds.
- Whisk the ingredients of the dressing together.
- Combine broad beans and asparagus with the dressing.